Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Dream Come True

My husband took me on a date last night to a Symphony Orchestra performance. It was held at the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts at the Atwood Concert Hall. The Anchorage Symphony Orchestra presented "Statements of Grandeur". I've ALWAYS wanted to attend a symphony orchestra performance so this was a dream come true!! It was a fabulous evening. To see a view of the concert hall, check out this sitehttp://www.alaskapac.org/theaters.aspx
We sat on the left side just above the main floor. During intermission we went up to the mezzinine (I don't know if I spelled that correctly), to see what the view would be from up there. I'm not sure that I would enjoy being up there. Then we went outside to a platform and watched ice skaters and saw some ice sculptures in the town square. It was lovely outside for a few minutes!! I'm so thankful for the gift of music-we are so blessed.

6 comments:

Connie Marie said...

Oh how fun!

I've been there a few times since the kids took an arts class and from there they gave tickets to several performances there. We have also attended the Nutcracker Suite several times. It's always fun to go.

What a fun date for your romantic husband to take you out on.

Constance said...

How absolutely lovely! If you're like me, Dave good take me to the Opry and I would still love it! It's not where, so much as who you're with! Thanks for sharing!
Connie

mrsjojo said...

I agree Constance, "its who you're with"!!!
Connie, I wonder if we were at the Nutcracker at the same time. I've gone a few times with this past year being the latest.

Linda said...

Hi Mrsjojo,your evening sounds lovely,I'm gald you had a magical time. I looked at the concert hall and it is beautiful. Linda

Connie Marie said...

I wouldn't have been too surprised to see you there Jo, since the time we as a couple decided on the same weekend to drive up to Fairbanks and on the same day and hour decided to check out the Museum! lol

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

What a romantic guy! You were always a class act but now you are 'uptown' too (which in Anchorage just happens to be downtown)!