Thursday, February 16, 2006

Valentine Party!!!




The much awaited valentine party came and went with a lot of excitement!! I had a fun time planning it and getting ready for it. I have a whole story as to the origin of my own valentine party for my friends. I will blog that later. The ladies brought fabulous salads to share. The chocolate shaped hearts filled with a fluffy dessert were delicious! I made a cheesecake that turned out great-a FIRST for me! I got help from a friend of mine who is a fabulous chef!!!!! She just made it sound so simple and actually, I took her word for it and it was a pretty simple dessert to make. I didn't get a photo of the food so you won't be seeing it.
The craft we made was a placemat. I was pretty pleased with the creativity of each friend's choice of fabric and cut outs!
We ran out of time to do the pampering part of the party which was ok with me. I had an absolutely fun pampering activity planned that I wasn't able to do anyway because I wasn't able to get the item to make it happen. (I'm planning on getting it soon so I will be prepared for it next year) The last minute change was going to be ok and the friends who were here it would of made the last minute activity fun anyway.
Needless to say, I had a super fun time and I think the ladies did also.

1 comment:

Constance said...

It looks like everyone really enjoyed themselves at your party. I spent Valentine's Day here in Mo away from my beloved. I m helping my daughter since she just had a baby on the 15th. When I get home, Dave and I will spend a nice evening together playing catch up! I love the idea of a girls day, getting together the way you and your friends did!
Connie