Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Not a good plan

Well, painting of the doors down the hall wasn't a good idea after all!! For some reason they don't look very nice. I did the prime coat then painted with a roller but the doors just don't look that good. So needless to say, we will have to purchase new ones after all. It was a lot of work. I got my exercise for the week with this ordeal, so something good came out of it. :) It looks a lot brighter down the hall way so that is another plus to it all.

2 comments:

Constance said...

In our house, I am the one who does all of the interior painting projects. My husband Dave like most men, don't give a rip about that kind of stuff. He's content to look at white walls forever! I am going to paint our bedroom this Spring. I stenciled about 10 years ago and hate to lose all of that hard work. I've decided to keep one wall as is and have it be the accent wall. The rest I'm going to paint a dark tan color. Another reason for keeping that wall as is: it's the one behind the waterbed and I don't want to drain the bed and dismantle it just so I can get behind it! Whew! Way more work than I want to do!

mrsjojo said...

I totally understand that hubby thing. I feel that my hubby can live in a cabin with only the bare necessities and be just fine. Interior decorations don't do a thing for him. My oldest son is quite the opposite-he likes things to look nice. I know the feeling of the stenciling-I've done that in my kitchen and don't want to paint over it, but my kitchen has to be painted soon. Looking forward to seeing your finished project.