Thursday, January 26, 2006

HOW MUCH LONGER???

How much longer can we survive the extreme temperature we have been experiencing? It is -26 degrees today!! I must admit that the scenery is spectactular with these temps. Thank God for WOOL!!!
Well, today is third time a charm!!! At least I can only hope. I'm going to attempt to make a loaf of bread using my bread machine. I've tried the last 2 days and both loaves failed-it was quite a sight watching my hubby manage to pry a piece off to taste the flavor!! He liked the flavor so I tried it again with another failure but it was a bit better than the loaf on Tuesday, so we had a little slice with our dinner. So today, I'm going to mix it in the machine and then put the dough in a pan and bake it. I've never had luck with the machine other than the mixing with it. Will let you know if it was a success. Good day to bake bread! Thinking of making a pot of soup to go with it!

2 comments:

Connie Marie said...

We will be right over!!!!!

Constance said...

I have a sourdough starter that my best friend gave me a long time ago and it makes the yummiest bread and rolls! I love the smell of bread baking. It's not been very cold at all for us this winter, unusually warm. It makes me nervous about how miserable our summer is going to be! Still, I made a pot of Macaroni and cheese soup last night with biscuits. It would've been better if I could have had a fire going in the fireplace!