Saturday, March 07, 2009

I'm in Anthem Arizona

I was hoping to have a photo of me here in the Phoenix area before I did a post on our trip. I haven't been able to get that done. I keep forgetting my camera. I usually keep it in my purse but it hasn't happened on this trip so far. I will post photos later.
Jim and I flew down here to be with his mom. She is 90 years old and suffered a heart attack over a week ago. She was in the hospital for a few days and when we talked to her, she didn't sound very good at all. We felt that she didn't have much time left on this earth so we came down here to be with her during this challenging time. The doctor's thought that she was at the end of her life. A nurse that was sent to the house after she was released from the hospital said that from the paper work from the hospital it looked like she was near death, she was surprised to see Mel looking so good. She is so thin and frail but surprisingly looking so chipper and is getting up out of bed and walking with the assistance of her walker. She gets out of breath easily and has to hook up to the oxygen when that happens. We've had some good conversations with her. She quoted Psalms 23 and The Lord's Prayer with some help from Jim.
We are totally enjoying the weather!

2 comments:

Constance said...

It just goes to show you that the Lord is always in control and not man. Saying a prayer for her and for you as well. Be safe and keep us posted.
Hugs,
Connie

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

Glad you got to spend some time with her. Nice reason to soak up some warmer weather too! :)