Thursday, February 19, 2009

scripture memory

















This is my verse to memorize for this 2nd 2 weeks of Feb. It is Psalms 118:8 It is better to trust the Lord than to trust people. NCV
I chose this verse for a couple of reasons. The first: it is short. :) The second is that I read someplace that this is found in the very center of the Bible. I don't know what version that is in but it doesn't matter to me. The message is profound.
If you haven't started a scripture memory habit-I would encourage you to do so. If you are hesitant on starting, just start and see how the Lord leads. There are plenty of short verses in the Bible to start off with if you are afraid of the longer ones. :)
My dear friend Margaret decorated this index card binder for me to put the verses that I choose to memorize in. It keeps them handy and pretty.

2 comments:

Connie Marie said...

Great job Jo. Love the note book too.

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

Being in Awana has forced me to start again. It is so rewarding but I guess I was doubting if I remembered how to memorize...