Friday, September 05, 2008

Labor Day 2008

Jim and I went up to Arctic Valley pick berries on Labor Day. The day was perfect for picking berries. We ended up hiking quite aways up some trails then headed up the mountain side. We couldn't believe the amount of berries we saw and passed as we hiked halfway up the mountain. When we decided enough is enough, we settled in and started picking mossberries and alpine blueberries. The blueberries looked spectacular and were so tasty. The mossberries make the most delightful jelly and pie you will ever have. Enjoy the photos of the scenery and berries!












It was challenging climbing up to the place we wanted to go for berries but I dreaded getting down the mountain side. Amazingly I made it without twisting an ankle and I didn't get sore muscles!!!! I was just blessed by the beauty of creation that day. I just couldn't help but give thanks to Father God for so much in creation to enjoy. I'm so glad that I have Him to thank because, believe it or not, Mother Earth doesn't have ears to hear!!

1 comment:

Connie Marie said...

I love it!

We got blueberries this year, but didn't get black/moss. I would like to go out and get blackberries.