Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Praise to the Creator!!













I raise my eyes toward the mountains. Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. Ps 121:1-2













































These are photos my son and his friend Josh took while climbing Mt. Russell in Alaska. The climb took place April 28th thru May 4th.

Obviously, the photos are spectacular!! I can't help but praise God for His fabulous creation and praise Him for the safety He gave to Jordan and Josh and their guides as they climbed Mt Russell. Mother is glad that she didn't see what her son was up to while he was gone. There was a lot of praying (and worrying) going on.


I hope you enjoy these photos. The guys are heading to Washington state to hike Mt Rainer in June. I'm sure that I could find photos on the internet to see what I have to worry about but I will not do that until he returns. I think it will be a whole different experience cause I don't think there is this amount of ice and snow on Mt Rainer. They didn't encounter any other climbers on this climb but it will be very different on Mt Rainer since there are a lot of people who climb it every year.

Our son has always been an outdoors man. My hubby and I are the blame for that! We took him hiking and camping since he was VERY young. At age 5 he was camping out in the backyard in a tent by himself. We took some steep hikes (no climbs with any special equipment) with him but NOTHING like this ordeal!!

3 comments:

Constance said...

My Hub and I are too be blamed as well for our kids and their enjoyment of the outdoors! We had Charlie on a hayride when he was 6 days old and camping in the mountains by 8 months old! Last summer he went on a backpacking trip with Dave up in Jasper, Alberta! I don't climb mountains, I enjoy the dayhiking! Gorgeous pictures! I ALWAYS feel a special connection with Father God when I am in His majesty that way! Giving thanks for a safe trip that was and praying for the one to come!
Connie

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

I'm having a hard time praising the Lord for the ice and snow in the pictures this soon into May BUT I am so thankful that Jordo had a safe climb. What a guy!

Connie Marie said...

OOOOOOooooOOOOO such beautiful pictures! I have NO DESIRE whatsoever to be up so high. Thanks for sharing his pictures!