Sunday, March 23, 2008

HAPPY EASTER


Happy Easter!!

I wanted to share the photo of my mom and me today. I think my mom is beautiful. I don't take enough photos of her. She looks so fine when she dresses for special occasions. She and my dad had Easter breakfast with us. They went to the 9am service with us this morning. They are elderly but speedy!! I called and woke them up about 8:20. (they had about a 20-25 minute drive to the church) They were at the 9am service a tad bit late-they weren't the only ones late. The service was very special with the choir and other special music and the pastor gave a wonderful message.
Easter is what life is all about! I love the freedom I have in Christ. HE'S ALIVE! and gives life.
Enjoy looking at a sampling of the sugar cookies that I decorated for Easter. Our family tradition is to make Easter bread called Kulich. It is a sweet bread which you can add raisins, nuts, dates, or candied fruit. We also add vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. I didn't make any this year.

3 comments:

Connie Marie said...

Such a good picture of both of you. You look like your Mom and you know that is a compliment.

You always make beautiful cookies. I ended up making kulich! I told myself that we didn't knead it... :-)
But.. we wanted it!!!!

Did you guys sing "He Arose" ??? I love that song on Easter. Our choir sang and it was touching to hear the story of the ressurection again.

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

You look so cute with your short hair. I didn't guess that you meant you had cut it THAT short but it really suits you! So, what about a grandbaby? Is he here yet? I sure hope for CJ's sake that he is! Lots of love and congratulations to you all!

mrsjojo said...

Baby James', due date is April 5th. Mom to be said that she was having braxton hicks yesterday!! She has had a great pregnancy. Please pray for the blessed event to be soon and safe. Thanks.