Friday, October 05, 2007

Pizza time



Friday night has been pizza night in our family for many years, about 17 years or so. I have made the pizza from scratch many many times. We have also bought from the chain stores and even bought the frozen ones when in a bind-YIKES!!
I use honey to sweeten the dough and wheat germ to add to the white flour. I have experimented over the years with different recipes for the sauce and have a few that we like.
Tonight I made one pepperoni and the other 1/2 of Canadian Bacon and the other 1/2 vegetarian. I had peppers, broccoli, onions and canned mushrooms available. The fresh tomatoes were added after baking.





I always prebake the crust at 425 for about 5 minutes then top them. I then do my best to transfer them onto a baking stone. This gives a beautiful crispy crust to the pizza.












You can see the nice color to the bottom of the pizza. As you can tell the stones are WELL seasoned and have made my pizza baking a success.
























My youngest son, Jordan was the one who pushed for the Friday night pizza since he was 3 years old. We have hardly ever had anything different on Friday nights. Here he is anxiously awaiting the first bite!!

3 comments:

Connie Marie said...

Yum!
Very good job making pizza. Reminds me that I used to have one of those stone things before we moved from Wasilla! I wonder where that ended up...

Homemade pizza is the best and homemade pizza with crispy crust is the bestest!

mrsjojo said...

I wonder if the stone will turn up some day. I'm thinking that because of our move, we can't find quite a few things. For instance: this pretty little pepper shaker, I have the salt shaker but can't find the pepper shaker. I KNOW that I packed them together, but somehow it is missing. I guess it will show up someday. :)

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

Those look delish! I miss our Friday nights SOOOO much. It is sad to think that Dima will have no memories of Auntie Jo's house on Maple. We love you guys!