Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to you! I hope and pray that you will be aware of what God is doing in and around your life this year.
I'm up and around early this New Year's day. I guess I'm just excited that it is now a new year and a fresh new start. It's like starting a new scrapbook, excited to see how it all turns out. First off I'm anxiously looking forward to the return of the Lord-Can this be the year?!!!
Actually, I can hardly sleep in but hopefully, I get a few winks sometime today. I was up until 2 am playing Risk. (not my normal bedtime) I love playing Risk. I played with my husband, son and one of his friends. I made a fatal mistake at the end and ended up loosing to my son.
The traditions at our home on New Year's Eve is to stay up and bring in the new year with homemade eggnog. The kids grab pots and pans and big spoons and go outdoors and bang on them, the dog goes wild and runs around in a frenzy!! We also eat tapioca pudding-a crazy tradition but we do it. The most fun though when the kids were younger was to play a game we call "hunkle, bunkle, beanstalk. We've had a lot of laughs with this family game!!
Please pray for my friend Millie. She is in a hospital because of a burst vessle in her brain. Her family is with her and they need prayer also. She was flown out of state to a hospital in Seattle.

No comments: