Monday, January 01, 2007

back in time



I'm going to try and play catch-up here. This is a photo of my mom and my sister, Shirlee at our Christmas Eve traditional family get together. We had planned to spend Christmas in Phoenix with our oldest sons and their wives but the Lord had other plans for us. Our son Jordan ended up getting the flu bug hours before were to get on a plane for the 5 1/2 hour flight. He was sick from the 23rd until the 26th. We tried to get on flights on the 26th but they were all booked. We were blessed to have my parents and a few of my siblings and their families to spend the holiday with. We all were obviously very disappointed that we weren't together with the family in Phoenix. There's a bigger picture here that we may or may not ever know about but, God's promise is that "all things work out for the good to those who love Him". We can rest in his truth and have peace about it.

3 comments:

Connie Marie said...

Nice picture of you and your Mom and sister.

Happy New Year Jo! I am glad you're back to blogging.

Constance said...

Welcome back to the "inner circle" Ha Ha! I'm glad your holidays were blssed ones! Family is so precious!
Connie

Marie VW said...

Looks like you had a nice holiday. Happy New Year. Millie is at the Swedish Medical Center/Providence Campus.