Thursday, August 03, 2006

OOOOPS!



OOOOOOPS! I forgot that I was going to post photos of the ferns. It is raining today so I can't go out and get all the ferns out front of the house. I know that it has been the cooler days and rainy days that have helped make my ferns look so healthy this summer. I will have to post my sunflowers after I get a photo of them. They will make you laugh!! I grow them in the same spot every year and this year I got the shorter "brand". (and boy are they short) They are just about ready to bloom though. Actually, you can see where they are in the photo with the ferns you can see the fake tulips----(sh sh sh don't tell anyone :) ) Those are the sunflowers and kale!

3 comments:

Connie Marie said...

Oh love the tulips! Hubby says to do silk in the yard, he says would be cheaper than annuals every year, ha! Pull them up, shake off the dust and store them until it is warm enough to have flowers again!

Constance said...

I have thought of going that route myself with the Texas heat, the last thing I want to do is yardwork when it's 100+ degrees outside! I felt your "pain" in the Phoenix heat! : )

mrsjojo said...

LOL!! I put the tulips out in mid April!! Someone came by and stole one of them so I feel lucky that I ended up with the 4. Actually, I planted about 20 tulip bulbs last fall and only 1 (I repeat--only 1) even came above ground ang grew to be about 5 inches and then proceeded to die. So it was a good thing that I had the silk ones. :) A couple of years ago I bought a bunch of real pretty silk flowers and ended up putting them in a large pot in the back yard and they lasted that summer and through the winter and the next summer. They looked a little ragged this spring so I got rid of them. LOL Buying the annuals gets to be a bit spendy alright.