Monday, January 18, 2010

LIGHTS OUT!!

Last night about 9:30 we had a power outage in our area most likely because of the high winds in the area. The funny thing was that I had just gone into my walk in closet to look for a scarf that was stored away and I had to shut the closet door to get to the box. While in there I had a fleeting thought that -- I hope the power doesn't go out on me cause my hubby was down stairs and I'm closed in, in this closet. Well, guess what???? The power went out and it was PITCH BLACK!! I calmly got out of the closet and carefully went to my husbands side of the bed where I knew he keeps a flashlight. What a relief! In the mean time I had just found the long missed scarf just as the lights went out.
My hubby and I meet in the kitchen and find the matches and candles and lit a few and got a few things done before we headed of to bed. I took the battery operated camera into the bedroom with us and got ready for bed and tuned the radio to a station that came in clearly---that was all I wanted--clear reception. There is nothing like trying to listen to the radio and having a lot of static! Low and behold, I hear the music that belongs to the program, "Unshackled"!! So my hubby and I laid in bed with candle light listening to a wonderful testimony on how the Lord worked in the life of Saylor (not sure of spelling).
After the story I blew out the candles and listened to the wind HOWLING thru the trees. The lights went on and off a couple of times during the night. The best thing is that the wind has calmed down and I will hopefully get a good nights sleep tonight.

No comments: