Thursday, January 14, 2010

The big reveal!!!


So sorry that there isn't a model for the dress today. She is at home sick and since I'm planning on a trip to Florida next week, I'm going to stay away from her.
The story on the dress:
I was soooo delighted when I saw this fabric at Joann's and promptly bought it. I had seen something very similar at Donna's in Soldotna and asked Donna about it and she said that she had had it for a number of years and was using it as decoration in her store. After hearing that I figured that I better just enjoy looking at it in her shop. :) It was some time after that when I spotted this at Joann's. It has been in my stash waiting to be used and I think I found a great use for it.
Well, the other day Mackenzie said, "Grandma, I want you to make a dress for me", and proceeded to give me all the specs for it including the fact that it had to be deep!! She bent over to touch the floor so I figured that she needed it long. Then she said, "Could you go and knit it for me now?" I laughed and told her that I would love to make a deep dress for her but I would have to sew it. She agreed to it.
I worked all afternoon on Tuesday and finished it other than the sleeves and buttons. When we finished dinner that evening, I told Mackenzie that I had a surprise for her in my bedroom. You should of seen her eyes when she saw the dress--PRICELESS!!
She walks around saying that this is her wedding dress!
I will post a photo of her modeling the dress soon.

1 comment:

TRUTH SHARER said...

Oh what FUN! I love the pick fabric in the dress that you created! You are quite the seamstress and that comes from a fellow seamstress - though I don't really sew anymore unless I have to!

Thanks for praying for my kids going to Haiti and for the people there. The head of their missions' organization [Dan Schumaker] is heading into Haiti tomorrow with a relief team. He will have to remain there for a time as there is no going 'out' once you come in. The other US team with RMI from South Carolina is stuck there - not being allowed to leave but the good news is they were a medical team and they have taken to working around the clock stitching up people and have already exhausted their medical supplies.

Choosing JOY, Stephanie
JESUS ONLY in 2010