Monday, January 12, 2009

January




I took these photos on January 4, 2009 in Anchorage. It was a cool minus 20 degrees or so. The trees were fully frosted and beautiful.








Now here is a sight I've never before seen: it is a rainbow at sunset. These photos do not show how beautiful the sight was. There were a number of people out taking photos this day and I'm sure someone captured it much better than what I was able to do.






























These tree photos were taken at the same place but on different settings on my camera. The bottom photo looks more like what I actually saw when I took the picture.

4 comments:

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

That is so beautiful.

Connie Marie said...

OOOOoooo! Pretty scenic shots!
Keep it up!
Stay safe on these crazy icy roads today if you go out and about. Can you believe how warm it is now? lol
-36f to 41f !

Alaskajamaica said...

love, love the white Christmas tree covered in flawless snow. So pretty.

Constance said...

Playing catch up since I just got back from our Winter in yellowstone vacation. I LOVED "Boys Shoes:, that was too cute! I loved the pictures from your hike on Christmas Day, what a lovely way to observe Jesus' Birthday! That might be something that dave & I will have to do once we live near some prettier scenery!

Have a lovely weekend!
Connie