Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!!
As of this time that I'm writing I only have one new year resolution. It is something that has been on my heart for some time and it is time that I set out to do this. I try to memorize some scripture during the year and this past year I memorized a couple of passages. One being Ps 121 which means a lot to me. It starts of with, "I look to the hills, but where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth." I love the mountains and living in Kenai for many years, my hubby and I would go out to the bluff in town and watch the sunset whenever possible. We had the view of 3 spectacular volcanoes. I flew to King Cove on the Alaska Peninsula this summer and flew over numerous mountains. King Cove is located at the base of mountains right next to the ocean. There is probably only a couple of football fields distance from the base of the mountain to the ocean. From King Cove you can view a dormant volcanoe and 2 spectacular active volcanoes. Living in Anchorage I see the mountains that surround the city everywhere I drive. I am reminded each day of the amazing and sobering thing: that the God who made these amazing, powerful mountains is the One who helps me, who is interested in me, who loves me, and the list goes on and on. He is always astounding me in the ways He shows Himself each day.
With all of this said, I resolve to memorize 2 Bible verses each month. My friend Margaret is going to be doing this with me, so we have accountability. I'm thinking that I will start the year off with the last 2 verses of the Bible, Revelations 22:20-21 (which will count for one verse) "Jesus, the One who says these things are true, says, Yes, I am coming soon. Amen. Come, Lord Jesus! The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all, Amen." In this wicked corrupt world, we are given the hope that Jesus our savior will be returning soon!
Have a Happy New Year and my prayer for you is that your relationship with the Lord grows, He is soooo good.

1 comment:

Connie Marie said...

That is a great resolution. I thought about making a resolution but then I got busy with Mom, haha.

We will be traveling down to Homer on sunday for Ruth (Johnson) Andree's Mom's memorial/funeral services. AFB is supposed to lead the worship.

But I was going to mention that I have always loved the song that comes from Psalm 121. I will lift my eyes up to the mountain - where does my help come from? As I read scripture in the past I noticed that the people that worshipped idols set them up in the mountains. So I thought maybe the Psalmist looked up at the mt tops and could see them up there worshipping worthless idols, and he said ... where does MY help come from? ....great verses to memorize.

Anyway, so much typing to share my 2 bits on your blog today.

Happy New Year, Jo!