Thursday, October 09, 2008

House sitting

This is a photo of the house we are staying at during the week in Soldotna on the Kenai River. My friends, Debbie and Margaret drove down from Anchorage last Thursday to spend the day with me. We took this photo from down by the river. We had a fun day with me showing them all that the area offers. They were very concerned that I would have no place to go around here. I took them to the local hospital which has been recently been added on to with a $50M
addition and has a wonderful cafeteria. There is a fun shop called Donna's that we enjoyed shopping at. It is sort of victorian and is loaded with interesting and beautiful things. We went on over to Kenai and spent time at Veronicas, a funky coffee shop. The berry cobbler was delicious. I showed Debbie and Margaret the bluff that overlooks the inlet and river. We spent a lot of time at the Kenai Visitor's Center. It is a beautiful place with varied displayed. You can check them out at http://www.visitkenai.com/content.asp?CAT_ID=24





2 comments:

Constance said...

WOW! My first thought was those stairs would give my knee fits! (I am still having problems). What an awesome setting! It sounds like you had a lot of fun!

Get aways are such fun! San Antonio with my best friend in Aug, for the Beth Moore conference was a highlight for me!

I am going to be a GIGI again!!! Yipee!

Connie

mrsjojo said...

Ouch! I just can't imagine having knee trouble a lot of the time. I get pain in my knee every once in awhile, there is nothing like that pain-just plain horrendous. You seem to not let it interfere with your life though with all your hiking and running around.
You were doubly blessed by girlfriend time and Beth Moore time!!