Sunday, October 26, 2008

Craft projects




Here are some of the things that I have been working on! I do a lot of my knitting on the road. The bag needs some buttons added to finish it off. It was a lot of fun sewing. I did a lot of creative stitching on it. I meet with a number of creative ladies every week and one of the ladies presented the bag as a project. Most of the ladies there make quilts and WOW there are some creative women out there! It is inspiring. In the mean time I take time to teach a couple of friends how to sew and I am totally impressed with what they have done!!!! Little did I know that when I was learning to sew in high school that at this age I would be teaching others. It is very rewarding. My fabulous sewing teacher is now in heaven with the God she loved so much and I want to thank her so much for the patience she showed me and my other classmates how
to sew--it took a lot of patience teaching us "active" high school students! My most memorable project that I did was a pink paisley dress. I don't have a photo of it and wish that I did. It was beautiful. I wonder what grade I got on it. :) You know what? I'm going to pray that God will provide a photo of me in that dress. He is so amazing-I know that He will do it!!!

As a side note: I have been praying for a number of years for a photo of me in the dress that I graduated from 8th grade in and guess what???? I finally got the answer to my prayer this summer!! God is totally GOOD to me! Thank you dear God.

4 comments:

Connie Marie said...

HI Jo.
I think your crafts are beautiful and your socks so nicely shaped! Great job.

I remember sewing class!!!! My Mom taught us girls to make our own clothes before we came to high school and the small details were unimportant to her... but so important to that "fabulous sewing teacher." Sadly, I was not one of the favored in class... haha.

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

Those socks are so beautiful! Hey, we got your message from Friday this morning! We had such a busy weekend. We did the hay maze at Solid Rock Friday night with the church and Saturday I was locked up in the school room writing out our next 5 weeks of curriculum. Sunday we had Tim Whatley to dinner. I felt like I needed Monday just to recover.

My first sewing project was a whale pillow in eighth grade with Etta McNear. I feel the same way toward her and her patience. I broke so many needles! I'm still not much of a sewer but even being able to hem the kid's pants saves us a lot of money!

Constance said...

I remember the nuns teaching us girls how to sew when I was in 8th Grade. It was VERY basic stuff but when I got older I had something to build upon. When the girls were young, I sewed cute little outfits for them but once they hit Jr High, they don't really want to wear the cutesy stuff anymore! I have grand-daughters but honestly, so many days I feel like I have SO much to do and not nearly enough time to do it all in!

Flash Forward to our youngest daughter Laura (the one who is getting married next week) and she LOVES to sew! It's neat to see how some things come full circle. She is all excited about making some curtains for their new apartment! Too cute!
Connie

mrsjojo said...

I enjoyed your comments on your first sewing experiences!
Constance, you must be BUSY with a wedding coming up. Can't wait to see the photos.
It is so rewarding to see the sewing skill passed on.