Sunday, June 25, 2006

Homer, Alaska



Here I am in the red with my niece, Shonna,in the blue and my sister, Shirlee, in the black coat on the beach in Homer. We drove down there on Saturday and had a fun time shopping in the little sidewalk shops and walking on the beach. We had a mission while on the beach. We collected flat rocks to put into a rock walkway I'm planning on making. I'm so excited about it. I probably should go to Home Depot to get information on how to construct this thing. :) We enjoyed God's beautiful creation the whole way down to Homer. We were able to see a fabulous sight of the mountains and the active volcano, Augustine, while there. I posted a photo of the Augustine volcano, it usually is a beautiful cone shape but with the way the atmosphere was on Saturday it looked like a mound instead of a cone. All the mountains on the other side of the inlet looked like a sight you would see in the Grand Canyon area. Our niece had a fun time getting all the attention from us aunts and her uncle Jim.

No comments: