Wednesday, May 23, 2012


ALASKAN CRANBERRY JAM
Jars are cleaned and boiled ready for the jam!


 .Berries and water getting ready to boil for 10 min.




The traditional 7 cups of sugar waiting to be put into the pot.



Berries, bananas, and sugar coming to a boil.


Pouring the jam into the jars.


Just need the lids and the project is finished!!!  Delicious!
Thanks to Angelina Shangin for giving us the cranberries.  I couldn't find any ripe bananas in Anchorage so I had to bring the cranberries back home so that I could make the jam.  I had to buy the bananas and ripen them for 4 days so that I could make this! 

Here is the recipe:
Alaskan Cranberry Jam
Simmer for 10 minutes:
3 cups Alaskan cranberries
1 1/2 cups water
ADD:
2 cups mashed bananas
7 cups sugar
bring to a boil and boil 1 minute
remove from heat and add one container of pectin.
stir and skim
add a little lemon juice
ENJOY!!

No comments: