Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Leaving the Cove

I don't know if Tommy was worried but I was. I didn't want to be stranded in the middle of this creek with water almost up to the window. Well, we made it as usual and had a fun fishing time. (From the looks of Tommy--he looks delighted to be this deep in the water, he probably had visions of wading in it with his hip boots on) :)

Beautiful lupines lining the rugged road to Mortensen's for our fishing adventure.


Now this is the scene from the front window in the small airplane ride from King Cove to Cold Bay. Not my idea of fun.

I looked and saw all this fog and said to myself, "Not again"!!!! The last time I did this trip we circled in this bay because we could barely see any land. All I could say, is that I was thankful that it wasn't also windy. But, if there would of been wind then, there would be no fog. Just can't win. :)
Now this is some lovely scenery!!
Good bye to King Cove. Was nice visiting as usual. Sort of disappointed that I didn't see a bear around with all of the driving I did.

No comments: