Thursday, March 24, 2011

hand work

I found this fabulous shop on Bainbridge Island that sells yarn and teas and of course everything else that goes along with both of them!! I found this yarn and pattern that I just could resist. I get home and had never seen "provincial " stitch. Well, after reading it over a few times I finally figured it out! I had to crochet a row and start my knitting with that row so that after I finish the length of the scarf I will go back and knit the ruffled edge!! Back to the yarn: it is mohair and sooo delicate and yummy-can't wait to wear it.


This is a quilt that I put together a number of years ago for Julie. Each square is from a scrap of fabric from items that I had made for her over the years. There are a few random pieces from the scrap pile that ended up in there including the spot of green in there!!! I have no idea where that came from. :) Anyway, I traced a heart in the center of the blank squares and hand quilted them with a light lavender color. Jim's mother helped to embroider the hearts while she was in Alaska the year I had finished the quilt. Well, after all these years of use, I figured we could enjoy this quilt longer if I would quilt by stippling it. So I finished doing so the other day. I quilted hearts all along the border!! I'm pleased with the outcome and know that Julie and her family will enjoy it for years to come.

No comments: