Monday, July 07, 2008

4th of July

I really didn't take very good photos this 4th of July so I'm going to try and get some from my sister to post. I'm sure she will let me use her photos cause she is such a sweet sister!
I made this apron for the occasion mainly because I cannot seem to find a special top to wear for 4th of July celebrations. Actually, I think it turned out pretty good and I didn't mind wearing it out in public.





My cousin and her family joined in on the festivities! After the parade we found a place in the city next to the float plane lake for a picnic. We had plans of driving out of town but the weather forecast was for fog and cool temps where we were heading so we stayed in town and had a wonderful time. Later in the evening we went to my sister's for beautiful and tasty desserts that she and her family put together!! I hope to have photos of those to post.

2 comments:

Connie Marie said...

Very patriotic colors in your pictures. Love your apron! Good job.

We were up in hot and sunny (88ºF) FAIRbanks for the 4th. (Just got home last night.) No parades but we could hear fireworks all day and night. Came back home to dark, cold rain.

Constance said...

I am back from my trip and making the rounds.

McKenzie is too cute! I am thinking of getting a web cam for my computer so I can "visit" with my out of state grand babies.

I have a patriotic apron too but it is pretty stained up from its constant use. Don't think I should actually wear it out in public!

I will be blogging about our 4th of July Bash soon!

Hugs from Texas,
Connie