Saturday, June 09, 2007

Left Kenai


We finished cleaning our house and got everything out on May 31st and headed out of Kenai. I wasn't prepared to become emotional about leaving the house but it happened. After living in the house for 25 years, we had to pause and remember a few things that had happened there in our time there, so it was emotional. Then we headed up the road to Anchorage for a couple of nights. I got to spend time with my sisters and their families, needless to say, we had a great time. My sister, Lillian prepared a fabulous birthday dinner for Jim! The cake stole the show. In case you can't make it out , it is in the shape of the top of a bald head with eyebrows and the hair on the sides-very cute!!
I left Anchorage on June 2nd for Kingston, Wa to be with our daughter, Julie and her husband, Drew and our first and only grandbaby, Mackenzie. What a blessing. We have been blessed over and over again while admiring her.

2 comments:

Constance said...

YUM! That strawberry pie looks delicious!
Happy Birthday! Jim!
Connie

Connie Marie said...

Happy Birthday Jim.
I must be truthful and say that the cake does look some pathetic, hehehe.