Thursday, July 20, 2006

Back from Phoenix and Seattle



My hubby and I went to Phoenix to spend time with our son Jonathan and his lovely wife, Jami. We enjoyed our visit with them and had a lot of fun. The temperature got above 100 degrees everyday, so we got up REAL early(early for vacationers) 6:15am, to go and play tennis!! Don't I look like I might be looking at a pro tennis career?!!! (actually, this was the first time I ever played tennis and loved it) We had a blast but by 8 am it was pretty hot so we had to call it a day in the sun. It was so invigorating to me to walk out in the heat for the few minutes it takes from the car to indoors-just taking in all the heat my body could handle!! Needless to say, it was a lot cooler in Seattle. We had a blast there-I just love Seattle. As you can tell from the photo my daughter, Julie is expecting soooooon!! I'm so excited to be a "GRANDMA". It is going to be a girl.

3 comments:

Connie Marie said...

Congratulations on becoming a Gramma. Looks like the trip was fun and hot! We will be in Houston the end of August and we figure we just may experience 100f for the first time ourselves!

mrsjojo said...

akeskileut, the heat is easy to take if you stay indoors a lot!! The thing that kept me alive and enjoying it was the fact that I was only going to be there for a week and everything is airconditioned. For a change the airconditioning was pretty pleasant. Usually, they have kept everything plain ole cold and I hate that.
Connie, I heard that the heat in Houston is humid so it will be awfully, sticky. The heat in Phoenix is dry so it is easier to handle it. Good thing for showers-you may be in it all day long!LOL

Constance said...

I think you'll have to be called Gramma Jojo from now on! Good form for tennis! You jusy MIGHT have to consider that career change! : ) Glad you're back, I'm looking forward to reading more of your blogs. I just got back from California and haven't even started blogging yet!
Connie